- Complete FAI, WIP, Receiving and Final inspections using mechanical and vision system measuring equipment.
- Maintain the nonconforming product hold area.
- Train the workforce on the proper care and use of inspection equipment and techniques to assure product conformance.
- Has active role on quality control team including internal audit program.
- Assist with CMM operation as required by the work load.
- Performs calibrations to maintain precision accuracy of measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment.
- Understands the basics of metrology (i.e.: 10:1 ratio rule) and how to mechanically inspect product using hand/visual inspection equipment.
- Have the ability to interpret and apply ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T).
- Understands and knows how to use a sampling plan.
- Ability to interpret and communicate manufacturing standards.
- Communicates involvement and results of quality control activities throughout the organization.
- Equipment Calibration
- Sets up equipment to test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test equipment.
- Completes sequence of testing and calibration procedures for instruments and equipment.
- Disassembles instruments and equipment and inspects components for defects.
- Measures equipment parts for conformity with specifications.
- Align, repair, replace, and balance component parts.
- Reassembles and calibrates instruments and equipment.
- Develop, support, and helps maintain company’s quality management system.
Education/Experience: Graduate of two-year vocational school program or two years related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills: Mechanical aptitude, detail oriented. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret regulatory, scientific, and technical documents. This person must be comfortable communicating quality requirements to suppliers, customers, and employees. Has a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and quality management software to enhance productivity and quality of work. Has the ability to multitask.
Training: OSHA Right to Know, Quality Management System orientation, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance, Communication, Sampling Plans, Metrology, and Auditing.