Tool Room Attendant/Manager
Domaille Engineering, an ultra-precision design and manufacturing company, is accepting resumes/applications for a Tool Room Attendant/Manager position.
Plan, procure, set up, and organize tooling for operators of CNC machining centers and lathes as required to support the company’s master production schedule and minimize machine downtime. Work closely with key tooling suppliers to establish relationships and long-term agreement/contracts to assure that these items are purchased with the highest value, quality, and delivery objectives possible. Identifies new cutting tool technology and engages the relevant internal parties for review and testing.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Reviews tooling requirements and establishes plans based off the needs of the shop.
- Interacts with Engineering and Programming, purchases tooling and supplies to support new projects and testing.
- May enter and track customer supplied materials in ERP system.
- May initiate or participate in the development of a detail Statement of Work (SOW) for suppliers.
- Negotiates and purchases shop supplies and services to support the needs of the organization.
- Assures that materials, products and services are purchased at favorable pricing consistent with quality, quantity, time and specification requirements.
- Assists in developing and maintaining a qualified supplier base.
- Provides accurate quality, delivery, and pricing information on a timely basis to support the quoting/proposal process and the needs of operations.
- Effectively resolves supplier issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Actively participates in meetings and on project teams to facilitate the project and the exchange of information.
- Negotiates and implements supplier contracts as directed.
- May serve as a purchasing back-up to buyer/planner
- Maintains inventory control of consumable purchased materials, and reports on it as necessary.
- Evaluate tooling returned to tool room, scrap, send out for sharpening, or put in proper storage location.
- Provides organization of all tooling and fixtures to maintain quality of items and facilitate easy retrieval by any shop personnel
- Keeps management advised of any significant problem areas and initiates or recommends appropriate course of action to resolve.
- Builds cooperation and participation among individuals, teams and across functions. Recommends the creation of teams to address problems and issues.
- Encourages the open expression of ideas and the sharing of information in order to solve problems, foster innovation and achieve win-win solutions.
- Keeps current with new manufacturing technologies and materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibility None Position Requirements Essential Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED and a minimum of two years of relevant experience; or a related two-year post high school diploma/certificate
- Able to read micrometers, calipers and other basic machinist tools
- Ability to be self-directed, requiring little supervision
- Experience setting up and operating CNC mills. Lathes experience a plus.
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft Excel, email, etc
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient PC skills in a Windows environment
- Ability to travel, including air, occasionally overnight
The most qualified candidate will also possess the following
- Experience with tool selection, ordering and kitting tooling and fixtures
- Ability to read tooling blueprints and GD&T
- Knowledge of commodities, suppliers and procedures in the manufacturing sector
- Experience in procuring raw materials, particularly Aluminum and Stainless
- Demonstrated effective organizational and analytical skills
- Tool grinding experience
- Knowledge of ISO/ AS9100 quality systems
- Experience in a project team environment
- MRO, ERP, & MRP background
- CPM and/or APICS certification
- Typically sits, grasps items and performs keyboarding for frequent operation of a computer
- Stand, walk, bend, reach or otherwise move about occasionally
- Lift, move or otherwise transfer items up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Occasional exposure to typical machine shop physical hazards
- Travel by air or car occasionally
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R.