As a Program Manager you will be joining an exciting time of growth at the company in our additive manufacturing business. This position will allow a high potential program manager the opportunity to grow their skills in a fast-paced business environment. The candidate will be the primary customer interface and will work independently managing programs and projects of various size and complexity. This role will be onsite at our Castheon business in Thousand Oaks, CA with travel to customers as needed.
Key Job Responsibilities / Results:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Works with limited oversight leading projects and programs by developing and executing plans, schedules and budgets
- Builds trusted customer relationships
- Monitors programs and project execution for cost, schedule and performance to technical and quality specifications
- Cultivate and build positive, long-term partnerships with customers through frequent contact and in-person visits, and optimize the customer experience.
- Identify customer requirements, internal deficiencies to those requirements, and propose solutions to engineering and manufacturing management.
- Works with Operations and Engineering to Optimize production through ADDMAN group resources
- Gains access to additional volume on current programs within a customer though superior value and responsiveness
- Supports all program/project phases from beginning through completion
- Leads RFQ/RFP response development, including coordinating preparation of quotes and proposals
- Able to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a complex product development environment with multiple priorities as well as a disciplined production setting
- Must be able to resolve complex manufacturing problems and troubleshoot manufacturing / production systems.
- Understanding of Product Lifecycle Management, Configuration Management, Configuration Control, and ERP systems.
- Negotiates contracts and contractual changes to ensure legal compliance and to protect the organization’s interests
- Collaborates across multiple levels of the organization.
- Define and document the program deliverables and the tasks needed to meet customer requirements while understanding and identifying all risks associated with each program.
- Ability to develop a framework and construct that enables detailed program planning to create the roadmap to successful execution, including the development and management of leading program indicators.
- Review detailed development, engineering and manufacturing plans and ensure cross functional integration and alignment.
- Identify and communicate to management the team, equipment and capabilities required to meet program deliverables, including any required outside resources that may not be appropriate for the company to perform.
- Lead the team during the life of the program through active communication internally and externally.
- Apply technical and functional expertise coupled with leadership skills and program management tenacity with an unwavering commitment to quality of work product and the evolution of our tool kit, ensuring the successful advancement of ADDMAN’s product offering.
- Regularly report to executive leadership and the broader organization the projects status and performance.
- Customer Focus – Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organizational needs.
- Problem Solving — Identifying problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ensures Accountability — Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same; Acts with a clear sense of ownership; Takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions and failures; Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results; Designs feedback loops into work.
- Financial Acumen — Understands the meaning and implications of key financial indicators; Uses financial analysis to generate, evaluate, and act on strategic options and opportunities; Integrates quantitative and qualitative information to draw accurate conclusions
- Drives Results — Has a strong bottom-line orientation; Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks; Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully; Pushes self and helps others achieve results
- Innovative – Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities; generate competitive intellectual property.
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Follows procedures, ensures high-quality output, takes action.
- Interpersonal Savvy — Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
This position does not have supervisory responsibility
This job operates in a professional additive manufacturing, traditional manufacturing and office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as printing equipment, computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in program and/or project management
- Prior experience in additive manufacturing preferred
- Successful candidate will be highly adaptable, assertive, and independent in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, ability to convey technical concepts and business impact to a diverse audience
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship and must be an eligible U.S. Person
- Ability to obtain a security clearance, active clearance preferred
- Experience with Aerospace component development, transition into production, and entry into service.
- Experience with complex product development / management, production of aerospace component development, and component manufacturing.
- Experience with logic linked scheduling, cost account management and budget management
- Knowledge of CAD (Mechanical Desktop, Solidworks)
- PMP Certification and Six Sigma or Lean Training preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.