Additive Manufacturing (AM) Technician
We are looking for an Additive Manufacturing Technician for our Thousand Oaks, CA facility. In this role you will setup, operate, clean, and maintain additive metal machines to assure efficient operations, prevent contamination and achieve high utilization. At Addman you’ll be part of a skilled and growing team pushing the limits of aerospace and additive manufacturing.
Key Job Responsibilities / Results
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Setup, operate and perform daily maintenance on additive manufacturing machines.
• Strictly adheres to proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Ability to use precision measuring instruments i.e. calipers, micrometers, gage pins height gages, dial indicators and precision scales.
• Remove support material and powder from additively printed parts by mechanical means using an array of tools.
• Adhering to the AS9100 standard and complying with internal quality standards
• Proper use of hand, power and pneumatic tools i.e. pliers, screw drivers, hammers and punches, chisels, saws, clamps, drills, impact hammers, abrasives, grinders and rotary drills.
• Ability to accurately read and record information (i. e. material manufacture date, serial number, and other criteria) that is critical to the production process.
• Perform record keeping for FOD prevention program.
• Hands-on powder handling including sieving, sampling, loading, and cleaning. Ability to self-inspect parts/components, with strong attention to detail. Maintain traceability of all powder and parts.
• Lift, load and unload material canisters weighing upwards of 40 lbs. from floor to overhead shelf.
• Perform housekeeping and cleanup duties upon completion of assigned tasks. Actively participate in housekeeping efforts by maintaining an orderly, clean, and safe work area
• Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Problem Solving — Identifying problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Innovative – Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
• Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Follows procedures, ensures high-quality output, takes action.
• Customer Focus – Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organizational needs.
• Interpersonal Savvy — Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional additive manufacturing, traditional manufacturing and office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as printing equipment, computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Required Skills and Experience
• Previous aerospace quality experience
• Experience with manufacturing /CNC machining processes
• Eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship
• Able to work in a dynamic environment with changing priorities to exceed customer expectations
• Works independently, strong work ethic, is self-motivated and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision
• Ability to work on cross-functional teams to support the core business, ensuring quality products are delivered on time
• Computer aptitude (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
• Ability to read, write, and communicate in the English language
• Must be a team player and willing to learn new skills and concepts
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.