Manage all aspects of the Quality Control program to ensure that fabricated parts, purchased material and parts, WIP, and finished products meet and exceed the quality expectations of the ADDMAN Engineering customer base.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work every scheduled workday including weekends and overtime as required.
- Always understand and comply with all PPE requirements, work safely every day and encourage all team members to do the same.
- Develop and/or adapt inspection equipment to meet quality control standards, make suggestions with regard to procedures, standards and equipment to facilitate work and maintain product quality.
- Ensure that the organization’s Quality Management System conforms to customer, internal, AS9100 and ISO 9001, and regulatory/legal requirements
- Analyze facts and/or circumstances surrounding nonstandard deviation in processes or materials to determine required corrective action within the limits of standard practices and follow action and communication protocols for all such nonstandard deviation.
- Ensure evaluation of, and reporting on, vendor quality systems.
- Oversee inspection (examination) of incoming materials, ensuring that they meet requirements.
- Manage the monitoring, measurement, and review of internal processes, especially those that affect the quality of the organization’s products.
- Report to top management on the performance of the QMS (e.g., results of quality audits, corrective actions), including the need for improvement.
- Conduct periodic management review meetings.
- Responsible for accuracy and timely inspection/calibration of monitoring and measuring devices.
- Keep up on standards, regulations/laws, issues, and news with respect to product (service) quality.
- Compile and maintain inspection reports and records and report out on QKP’s or similar standard deviation matrices.
- Investigate and determine cause of quality at the source failures and consult/advise operations team as to necessary corrective measures.
- Perform internal audits and address non-conformities found.
- Prepare and submit daily and weekly paperwork and reports as required.
- Provide training and assistance to other employees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to a safety culture where safety is the first consideration before starting any task.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on XA and Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Basic understanding of Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes/procedures.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills both up and down throughout the facility.
- Solid analytical and planning skills.
- Proficient in problem analysis and resolution.
- Effective knowledge and understanding of manufacturing process.
- Strong team player.
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of education, technical training, and experience in a related quality field.
- Five years’ experience minimum in Quality Management.
- Certification in Quality Engineering and Quality Auditor (ASQC CQE) or similar preferred.
- The performance of this position will require exposure to the manufacturing areas where all areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, hearing protection, steel toe shops and other mandatory safety equipment.
- For the most part, ambient temperatures with typical plant lighting and manufacturing equipment are present throughout the facility.
- Sitting or standing as needed.
- Walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day.
- Reaching, pushing, pulling or lifting as required within limits set by ADDMAN Engineering LLC.
SAFETY AND POLICY PRACTICES:
Each employee must be knowledgeable of standard safety policies and procedures and adhere to the same while supporting the goals and objectives of the organization and recognizing the Company’s need to achieve its business objectives. Each employee is responsible for complying with company hazardous waste disposal procedures. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All terms and conditions of employment will be administered without regard to an individual’s sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, notional origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.